When a child is hyper and can’t sit still, other kids say: “You have ants in your pants!” The idea is that the child is jiggling and moving around because something unseen is tickling or irritating her. When you see ants in your house, you get that weird sensation that something is crawling over you, and you feel itchy. You cannot relax when ants are on your body or your clothes.
If you have ants in your house or feel like they are crawling on you while you sleep, you need the Monmouth County pest control team from Pride Pest Service. Our trained technicians provide comprehensive pest control and eliminate ants infesting homes.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Monmouth County Homes
Of the hundreds of ant species in the United States, these six are common in New Jersey homes:
- Carpenter ants: Moist, fungus-ridden wood attracts these blackish-brown ants to houses.
- Odorous house ants: This ant enters homes foraging for food after heavy rains. They are “odorous” because they emit a rotten coconut aroma when crushed.
- Pavement ants: These ants created nests in pavement cracks and next to foundations. They love sweets and form long lines into a house as they search for food.
- Pharoah Ants: These ants travel along electrical wiring and like to locate in humid areas of the home near a food source.
- Crazy ants: Electrical equipment attracts these ants that walk with a zig-zag pattern, hence the name “crazy ants.”
- Acrobat ants: These ants appear to stand on their head! They build colonies in areas of high moisture in the house.
Ant control in Monmouth is worth the investment due to these six ant species invading homes.
The Dangers Of Having Ants In Your Home
Pest control ant treatment is necessary because of the dangers the six ant species listed above pose to Monmouth homes. For example, carpenter ants weaken structures by boring holes in moisture-ridden wood in the house. Over time, the abundance of voids affects the integrity of support structures and causes areas to sag or collapse.
Acrobat ants strip insulation from wiring in appliances and the walls creating potential fire hazards and short circuits. Likewise, appliances, A/C units, and heating units attract crazy ants where they build nests.
Pavement, crazy, acrobat, pavement, Pharoah, and the odorous house ants contaminate food in the house. As these ants travel over polluted areas like trash, animal feces, and rotting vegetation, they pick up pathogens. Later, when they walk over food products and surfaces in your home, the bacteria and viruses on their bodies fall off and contaminate the area. For example, more than a dozen pathogens, including salmonella and Streptococcus pyogenes, are linked to Pharoah ants.
To avoid short circuits, fire hazards, appliance damage, food contamination, and possible diseases, you need ant control solutions for your Monmouth County home.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Ants To Your Home
The best pest control for ants begins by eliminating these attractants to your house:
- Standing water on the property
- Moist wood inside the crawlspace, attic, or basement
- Exposed trash inside and outside the home
- Tree branches and shrubs touching the house
- Debris in the yard
- Clutter in the house
- Exposed food in the house or yard
- Poorly ventilated, humid area
Ants are attracted to food and moisture. Following these ant prevention tips will keep your home free from a future infestation.
The Trick To Total Ant Control For Your Home
Pride Pest Service provides guaranteed ant control in Monmouth County. Our trained, licensed, and fully-insured technicians will inspect your home, identify the ant species invading your place, and create a strategic plan to eliminate the ants from your house. After treatment, we follow up to ensure ongoing success and freedom from ants. Contact us today and request your free inspection.